Animal Rescue Fund of The Hamptons (ARF) Fundraiser- Charity Auction.
Anyone who follows Everyday Elegance, may know that the Founders, Alex Papachristidis and Lisa McCarthy, are avid animal lovers, especially of their dogs. Both are on the board of Animal Rescue Fund of The Hamptons, (www.arfhamptons.org), which does an amazing of job rescuing animals from high-risk situations and high-euthanasia shelters, transporting them to the east end and then finding them a forever home.
Due to Covid, ARF was unable to do any of their traditional fund raising events in 2020- so what to do? Alex came up with the idea to host an online auction of fabulous furniture and decorative pieces in conjunction with Christie's.
The Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons will host an online auction in partnership with Christie’s, hosted by Charitybuzz, to raise money for the cats and dogs at the ARF Adoption Center in East Hampton. The benefit auction, organized by ARF Board members Lisa McCarthy, Alex Papachristidis, and Katharine Rayner, will take place from February 25 to March 11 and features furniture and decorative items for the home donated by longstanding friends and ARF adopters, including some of the most admired designers, artisans, and dealers in the country.
Traditionally, one of ARF's signature fundraisers, kicking off the summer season, is the Designer Show House and Sale. ARF Board Member Alex Papachristidis, of Alex Papachristidis Interiors explains, “In lieu of a Designer Show House we came up with the concept of an online auction, drawn from ARF’s extended family of friends and supporters, and bringing beautiful and unique pieces of custom furniture, art and antiques together for a single sale. ARF is an incredible charity, rescuing and nurturing the lives of animals from all over the country and parts of the world."
Over 120 items have been donated to the ARF auction. We cannot thank enough all the decorators, designers and ARF supporters for their participation in this sale. Some of the items include:
· A pair of urn form lamps with scrolling handle in hand-finished plaster. Made to order for Liz O’Brien Editions.
· A stylish Cole Porter bookcase/bar with black laminate shelves and brass frame, designed by Alex Papachristidis for a client.
· A contemporary hand-blown green glass vase made in the Venini workshop by Peter Marino.
· A Porcelain and Tole Lily of the Valley handmade by Vladimir Kanevsky.
· A custom-made Alexa Hampton two-tiered black and gold ash contemporary coffee table.
· A Billy Baldwin contemporary slipper chair.
· A Dodie Thayer Lettuce ware tea service by Tory Burch.
· A stunning handmade Eve Kaplan ceramic and gold-leaf mirror, custom-made for this in the auction.
· “Dinner Table in a Box” dinner service for twelve created by David Monn. Collection of Blue & White Porcelain dinnerware including a custom tablecloth, made to fit the buyer’s table.
· A pair of large handmade cork obelisks by Marian McEvoy.
and many more...
All items raise money for the cats and dogs at the ARF Adoption Center in East Hampton. Bidders will have the chance to make offers online from February 25 to March 11 by visiting www.charitybuzz.com/arfhamptons.
Thank You for your support!
Alex Papachristidis (& Teddy) Lisa McCarthy (& Hudson)